During the 592nd episode of Wrestling Uncensored, your hosts, Dave Simon and Pro Wrestler Johnny North, discussed the latest report of More accusations for Vince McMahon and million-dollar settlements with former employees. It was broadcast live on July 8, 2022.
More Accusations For Vince McMahon
Allegations of Sexual Misconduct in the WWF (1992)
- WWE (then Titan Sports) faced sexual misconduct allegations in 1992.
- Pat Patterson, Terry Garvin, and Mel Phillips were at the center of the allegations.
- Patterson and Garvin were accused of engaging in a casting couch culture.
- Phillips was accused of grooming and molesting underage ring boys.
- All three resigned, with Patterson eventually returning to WWE.
Allegations Involving Vince McMahon’s Knowledge and Actions (1992)
- McMahon admitted to firing Mel Phillips over suspicions of an inappropriate relationship with children.
- McMahon never disputed his conversation with Phil Mushnick and Dave Meltzer about Phillips.
- A 1993 FBI memo revealed a video of Phillips molesting a boy in the ring.
- The FBI disregarded the video due to alternate explanations.
- McMahon’s role in Jimmy Snuka’s domestic violence case was revealed in 1992.
- McMahon allegedly helped Snuka avoid charges and continue his wrestling career.
Allegations of Rape Against Vince McMahon (1992, 2022)
- Former referee Rita Chatterton accused McMahon of raping her in a limousine in 1986.
- McMahon fired Chatterton after the alleged incident.
- McMahon sued Chatterton, Geraldo Rivera, and associates for civil conspiracy.
- Chatterton remained silent about the allegations for three decades.
- In 2022, Chatterton broke her silence and gave additional context in a New York Magazine article.
- Leonard Mario Mancini Inzitari, a contemporaneous outcry witness, supported Chatterton’s allegations.
- Jon Greg Valentine Wisniski Jr. corroborated Chatterton’s outcry but doubted her story.
- Chatterton’s lawyer sent McMahon a demand letter for $11.75 million.
- Chatterton gained the ability to sue McMahon under New York’s Adult Survivors Act.
Additional Allegations and Investigations (2006, 2022)
- McMahon was accused of sexual misconduct in 2006 at a tanning salon in Boca Raton, Florida.
- The employee filed a police report stating that McMahon showed her nude photos of himself and forcibly groped her.
- In 2022, the Wall Street Journal reported that WWE’s board of directors was investigating a $3 million settlement paid by McMahon to a former subordinate.
- The investigation uncovered additional settlements with other women.
- The paralegal involved allegedly received a 100% raise after starting a sexual relationship with McMahon.
- McMahon was accused of giving her to then-talent relations head John Laurinaitis.
- The Wall Street Journal revealed three additional settlements made by McMahon, totalling over $12 million.
- One settlement involved a former wrestler who alleged that McMahon coerced her into oral sex and then demoted her.
- The investigation found a pattern of McMahon’s alleged inappropriate behaviour towards subordinates.
Other Allegations and Potential Legal Consequences (Various)
- The woman involved in one of the settlements suggested a lack of full consent.
- The settlement was reached in 2018 after reaching out to McMahon.
- Two additional settlements were mentioned in the article, including one involving a WWE contractor with unsolicited nude photos of McMahon.
- Paul London accused McMahon of pursuing Ashley Massaro obsessively and mentioned instances of McMahon propositioning Massaro.
- The Wall Street Journal reported on a previously unreported allegation of sexual assault by a spa manager in 2011.
- McMahon insists he won’t pay the spa manager and another accuser settlements.
- California’s new law allows victims to take McMahon to court within a one-year grace period.
Dave and Johnny also discussed adding new matches to Summerslam, Wardlow becoming the new AEW TNT champion, and Liv Morgan becoming the new Smackdown champion.