Ringside Report January 26, 2023, titled Conor Coaching TUF and Hosted by Dave Simon and AJ D’Alesio.
Dave and AJ talked about Conor McGregor potentially coaching the next season of TUF (The Ultimate Fighter) and his recent legal trouble in Spain, plus Alex Pereira challenging Jamahal Hill, Tyson Fury, and Francis Ngannou in a special-rules boxing match.
Conor Coaching TUF 31
Background and Coaches
- The UFC planned the season to be coached by former interim UFC Lightweight Champions Justin Gaethje and Dustin Poirier.
- Poirier turned down the opportunity to coach.
- Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler were chosen as the coaches.
- The season featured bantamweight and lightweight fighters.
- There was a new format where fighters were separated into veterans and prospects.
- Coaches McGregor and Chandler discuss a potential fight between them.
- UFC president Dana White welcomes McGregor, Chandler, and the participants.
- McGregor wins the coin toss and picks the lightweight prospects.
- A last-minute medical issue forces a fight to be postponed.
- Tensions rise between the teams and McGregor visits the house.
Tournament bracket – Bantamweight bracket
- Isaac Siquina switched from Team Chandler to Team McGregor in the semi-final round.
- The bantamweight fighters in the tournament were Rico DiSciullo, Mando Gutierrez, Carlos Vera, and Trevor Wells.
Tournament bracket – Lightweight bracket
The lightweight fighters in the tournament were Lee Hammond, Nate Jennerman, Aaron McKenzie, and Landon Quiñones.